Monday 13 October 2014

Gotta do this !!! Module 3 OMG

So how on earth am I going to get through this module I ask myself without losing my sanity ! As I approach this last leg of the journey I was determined to get straight on it early Sept and be ahead of the game but a school show to direct & organise for 200+ students for November along with trying to locate new premises for my school all at the same time is a very big mountain to climb and whilst many shake their heads at me I am determined I will do this and will not be beaten !

I was quietly concerned that Alan left as whilst I know I wasn't particularly pro-active in liaising with him on a regular basis I felt from the discussions and communication we did have he re-assured my concerns everytime and guided me back on the path ! I will endeavour to participate much more with Paula and hope that her support, expertise and knowledge can get me to the finish line.

This last module really does put the fear of god in me as I want to continue on the achievement I have made so far in my grades and not crash and burn at the last hurdle. The amount of words required terrifies me but then I suppose I have to reflect on previous modules when I've had to edit my writing to get it in line with the requirement at that time - that said don't want to 'waffle' !!! 

My biggest concern is now getting the information I require to move forward from interviews as suggested by Alan as opposed to survey techniques. As a teacher within the private sector I only have access to a small group of teachers to ask their opinions so maybe I need to obtain feedback from those who work in state provision but also teach across different subjects areas ? This will hopefully begin to steer my next step. 

2 comments:

  1. Joanne Thanks for your blog - worth getting in touch again with your update - I can feedback via email if the connection is difficult! There wis some information up on my blog about the campus session - really about where yo hare now - look at diagram - most are in the same beginning stages - practitioner research can be challenging but is worth it because the techniques are sound ones and it is fascinating analysing the data - interviews are wonderful sources. You are asking about experiences and perceptions - review Reader 6 and there are some good online research books in the Reading List and on the IWBL Library Guide. How is the literature going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I was totally feeling the same, your blog has expressed a lot of what I was feeling too! Thanks, I don't feel so alone now, haaha!! I hope that our positive attitude will get us through (fingers crossed) What part of the module/inquiry are you up to? I feel that there's just so much to do, so many words to type and I also don't want to feel like I'm waffling!
    Anyway good luck with it all! speak soon :) x

    ReplyDelete