Thursday 20 November 2014

Need to return to the zone .........................

So at the weekend I held my dance school show, with a cast of 200 students and performances to 800+ people. The anxiety levels leading up to the production were extremely tough at time especially when I sent thousands of pounds via an overseas transaction to a Chinese costume company in the hope that the goods that were returned would be worthy of the stress !

All that said the show was a huge success; the costumes were out of this world and most definitely worth every moment of sleepless nights. The feedback and comments from those who came to watch have been unbelievable and so heart warming.

So now I begin my next mission of completing this Uni work and I need to get my head back in the zone alongside running my school, organising exam sessions and its nearly Christmas - watch this space ! Just a few snapshots from behind the scenes for which permission has been granted to use them.







2 comments:

  1. Thanks for these Joanne! lovely speaking with you about our degree work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo!

    I feel your stress! Glad you made it through! It's always worth it, but it's certainly hard whilst trying to study for the final semester of your degree.

    My studio has its annual full school production the week of the 1st of December (final draft submission week) with the stage, tech and dress rehearsals this weekend...

    I live in China and everyone always comments on the costumes we get made. We always use the same tailor and the studio (and principals mother!) has put in hours of work with him over the years ensuring he knows just how to make dance costumes. I'm glad you were happy with yours, they look great.

    I hope things are a little calmer for you now.

    Take care

    Megan

    ReplyDelete